Monday 19 September 2011

Pyrite, silver and storms

This is all so new to me, however I'm determined to start a blog about the jewellery I create by hand here in Melbourne. To begin... this is my most current piece which William Griffiths helped me create in the wax workshops I've been taking with him in the Nicholas Building each Tuesday night this month. It's been an amazing experience learning all about how to work with wax as a process in Jewellery construction. This particular ring is quite top heavy being made with Sterling Silver and set with a rough natural formation of Pyrite. I've oxidised the silver on the outer surfaces as I felt the blackened silver looked better next to the gold hues of the Pyrite.
There is currently an epic storm brewing outside and I'm off to sit on my balcony to be a part of it.

xx Em

No comments:

Post a Comment